Saturday, December 10, 2011

Introduction to Rosehall


Rosehall Kennel is located on the Highland Rim of the Cumberland Plateau in the western foothills of the Appalacian Mountains in East Tennessee. The kennel is part of Rosehall Farm which is now a 2nd generation farm with 3rd & 4th generation participation.  We breed the large frame, straight back, family friendly AKC German Shepherds that were more common in the 1950's & '60's. About 1/3 of our puppies are purchased by families with young children, about 1/3 are purchased by recently retired couples and the remaining 1/3 are engaged in some form of service work.  The service dogs are used for hearing assistance, therepy dogs, physical assistance dogs, law enforcement, seizure alert dogs and search and rescue work.  Our parent dogs are tested with OFA for sound hips and elbows and also are tested for DM (degenrative spinal myelopathy) to reduce some of the more common risks especially associated with the German Shepherd dog.

It is our hope that through this blog we can make posts that are both informative and entertaining for the German Shepherd owner in particular, dog owners in general and especially for those who are considering the purchase of a fine German Shepherd dog.  While we are seriously engaged with the care of our dogs and puppies, we hope to carve a little time out of our days to post on this blog 2-3 times a week (and more often when feeling especially creative or 'wordy.')

Until next time . . .   Eliot   www.rosehallkennel.com

1 comment:

  1. I found out about your place by, of all places, a New York Police Department blog. They are talking about you (good stuff) even over there. And I'm glad I did. I found my German Shepard "Bullet" wandering the streets of Chicago about seven years ago. I took him in and he is the best. I eventually found his owner, a senior citizen who had been committed to a senior home and couldn't take care of him anymore. He's a huge dog. 140 lbs. when I took him in. I put him on a diet becauseeveryone told me that he was too big. He's now 125 lbs. He's getting old (14 years) and his hips are going. I know the end is not too far away so I must prepare myself for that day. But one of the things I like about him is his size and the fact that he doesn't have that "sloped" tail end I see in almost every other GSD I see today. Soooo, when that day comes and if I decide one day to get another GSD, I will be paying you a visit.

    ReplyDelete